Saturday, July 14, 2012

Books Read - Half-year Edition 2012

I've done pretty well so far at realizing my goal of reading fewer books this year (I'm on track to read more than 20 fewer than last year). I wanted to focus on some other goals and there is only so much time in the day. *sigh* I've even been staying off the computer this year in pursuit of those other goals. I will admit that re-reading quite a few old favorites that don't get recorded on my list sort of makes it seem like I'm doing better than I am but small steps here, folks, small steps. Anyway...

I don't think I've done any reading round-ups this year and I never got around to posting about the book festival and I've hardly posted any reviews... Jeez! IRL goals take up so much time. Well, here are last year's end of year selections since I probably won't be able to link to any of the books that make my half-year short list.

sgwordy's Read in 2012 list

Half-year Results -

Favorite fiction*:
Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai
Taken by Robert Crais
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Favorite non-fiction**:
El Narco by Ioan Grillo

Favorite author discovered this year:
Jesmyn Ward

Most re-read book first read this year:
A couple Georgette Heyer books go here. They're short, cute, and comforting when I read a couple duds in a row or a book that leaves me emotionally wrung out. (ha! Some things don't change between years:)


* Obviously I can't decide
** Special mention goes to Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey because if you have wavy/curly hair this just might be the best non-fiction you come by on such a seemingly mundane topic. :)




What's your favorite book so far this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment