Sunday, November 18, 2012

99 Problems and The New Jim Crow

I recently picked The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness for my book club (and it's very interesting - you should read it) and then I came by this: JAY-Z’S 99 PROBLEMS, VERSE 2: A CLOSE READING WITH FOURTH AMENDMENT GUIDANCE FOR COPS AND PERPS by Caleb Mason (which is also interesting [plus entertaining] - you should read it).

They both reference similar and key Supreme Court decisions which have led to exactly what cops can and can't do regarding the 4th Amendment.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, and it's also available in audiobook. This reminds me of the PBS special, Slavery by Another Name (something I recommend if you've not seen it). Lastly, I urge a look at Troy D. Smith's Barack Obama, Race in America, and the Significance of 2012. Thanks for the heads up, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michael! I am always looking for books on this subject.

    ReplyDelete